Escobedo Library Blog

Another Awesome Escobedo Middle School Edublogs.org weblog

Teen Read Week Activites

October14

Next week, October 19th- 23rd we will be celebrating Teen Read Week. Make an effort to spend some extra time reading. In addition, we will have some special activities taking place in the library during both lunches.

Monday- Movie Monday. Grab your lunch and join us a we watch Goosebumps. Popcorn will be served. Only those who were chosen by their English classes will be admitted with their pass.

Tuesday- Book Trailers. Don’t know what to read next? We will be watching several  book trailers for various titles. Don’t know what a book trailer is? It is a commercial that is about a book (just like movie trailers).

Wednesday- Gaming Day. We will have 30 laptops set up so that you and your friends can play online games. *Make sure you eat lunch first in the cafeteria because no food or drink will be allowed in the library that day.

Thursday- Board Games. All of the Esco  library board games will be set out so that you and your friend can play them. Be ready to play with Mrs. Baca too.

Friday- Book Swap. Clean out your book shelves at home because we will be swapping books. Bring your books in by Thursday October 22nd so that you can get your entry raffle ticket (one per book). Then come on Friday, October 23rd to get yourself some new books for free (1 per raffle ticket).

Each day you will have DEAR (Drop Everything and Read) time in your ELA classes. Make sure you have a SSR (Sustained Silent Reading) book so you can participate.

Finally, Friday, October 23rd will will have Dress Up as you Favorite Book Character Day. Here the catch- you MUST carry the book that has the character you are dress as ALL day with you. Be ready to give a book talk about it too. *Remember the school dress code will be STRICTY enforced!

Have fun teens/ tweens  and read those books!

by posted under Library Gossip | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“Teen Read Week Activites”

1. October 14th, 2009 at 4:20 pm       racheld8 Says:

The Book Trailer Day looks really cool. I’ll try to get in during lunch 🙂

2. October 15th, 2009 at 12:49 pm       Demertia price Says:

what is your favorites book to read the most

3. October 15th, 2009 at 3:25 pm       Emily A :) Says:

Now that’s not fair!

You do all of the cool stuff when I leave…I see how that works 🙂

lols…have fun! It sounds like you will have a lot of it 🙂

4. October 21st, 2009 at 1:07 pm       Mrs. Baca Says:

Demertia- I don’t really have a favorite type of book to read. I try to stay open minded and read all kinds of books. I can tell you that Fablehaven by Brandon Mull is one of my favorites.

5. October 24th, 2009 at 7:00 pm       Kaitlyn Says:

sorry i responded so late but teen read week was so cool! I cant wait til the next one!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

October 2009
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

Skip to toolbar