Escobedo Library Blog

Another Awesome Escobedo Middle School Edublogs.org weblog

Library Hours, Checkout Policies

*2/18/22 Update on Library Hours: Due to staffing shortages the library will only be available before school and during first, fourth and fifth period with a hall pass. Please keep in mind that Mrs. Baca may be covering additional classes during the periods mentioned above. If the doors to the library are locked or if she is not there, you will need to return at another time. There is a red library book return dropbox outside the library. The best time to utilize the library is before school. Thank you for your understanding.

Library Hours- Our library is open Monday through Thursday 8:40am-3:30pm. We are open 30 minutes before school and 10 minutes after school, during both lunches and all day for those who obtain a hall pass from their teachers. The library is not open after school on Friday or many Friday mornings due to staff meetings. It is open Friday during the school day 9:00-3:21pm. You must have a hall pass to come to the library before school, at lunch or during class time. Passes are given out by teachers/hall monitors/counselors/dean during lunch. Classroom teachers give out passes as needed during classtime. Wednesday the library is open until the late bus comes at 4:20 but you must pick up a Late Library pass from Mrs. Baca the day before to secure your spot. During this time you can do homework, research, play games with friends, use the computers and read books. Please keep in mind the some weeks throughout the year the library will be closed before and afterschool if Mrs. Baca has hall duty and/or committee meetings. See Mrs. Baca for these dates.

Checkout Policy- An unlimited amount of books can be checked out for a period of four weeks. Receipts are given to students who wish to keep track of their current checkouts. Students can also see when their books are due by logging into their Destiny library account. Books can be renewed only once. A late fee of $.05 per book per day will be assessed. If  a student has overdue library books and/or textbooks or late fees from Escobedo or any other CCSD school, they will only be allowed to checkout one paperback book until their account is clear. Once a month overdue library notices are emailed and given to all 6th/7th grade Reading and 8th grade English teachers and they will hand them out during class. Overdue materials/fines transfer from school to school and CCSD librarians work together to collect books and fines. See Mrs. Baca if you would like to pay a fine or set up a payment schedule.

13 Comments to

“Library Hours, Checkout Policies”

1. February 24th, 2010 at 8:17 pm       Kristi Says:

Yeah, and Kristi is the best aide ever, and she checks out books the best!

2. October 4th, 2011 at 5:37 pm       Joanne Osio Says:

Hello, Mrs. Baca
    I couldn’t find your e-mail address. I’m sorry if it’s a hassle responding to my comment.
    I was wondering if you could get a few additional books to add to our library. I was hoping if you could get them, they are listed as follows:
    Lost in Time- Melissa De La Cruz
    City of Fallen Angels- Cassandra Clare
    Thank you for taking your time to read this! 🙂

3. October 5th, 2011 at 9:34 am       Mrs. Baca Says:

Cassandra- my email is Cindy_E._Baca@interact.ccsd.net. The books you requested are on an order I placed just last week. We should get them in November. 🙂 Thank you for your book suggestions!

4. October 5th, 2011 at 4:31 pm       Joanne Osio Says:

Okay, thanks again! 🙂

5. November 30th, 2011 at 6:27 pm       jasmine beck Says:

hello Mrs.Baca i just can’t help wondering how much money i owe on the nancy drew book the best book ever but I don’t know how much I owe the school I actually think it is a dollar I don’t know so thank you for taking the time from your day to read this!

6. December 2nd, 2011 at 7:32 am       Mrs. Baca Says:

Come see me at school and I can let you know how much you owe.

7. December 6th, 2011 at 8:28 pm       Hannah S. Says:

Hi Mrs. Baca….I was wondering what types of eReaders we are allowed to bring to school. Are the nook color and amazon fire okay to bring? Thanks so much!

8. December 8th, 2011 at 5:18 pm       Mrs. Baca Says:

Any type except an iPad is acceptable. First you must have your parents fill out a permission slip. Come see me to get one.

9. September 12th, 2013 at 1:02 pm       Monica C. Says:

Hi Ms. Baca where can I get a pass for before school?

Thank you 🙂

10. September 12th, 2013 at 2:23 pm       Mrs. Baca Says:

Hi Monica- You can get a library pass from a hall monitor in the morning. Hope to see you soon!

11. June 2nd, 2015 at 8:28 am       adrian arnold Says:

I dout this is possible but can I turn in a book and pay late fee now

12. June 2nd, 2015 at 8:48 am       Mrs. Baca Says:

You can return books and pay late fees 8:30-12:45pm until the last day of school.

13. December 3rd, 2015 at 8:23 am       Jack Says:

I’m leaving on Monday and I need to turn in a book by Friday can I come after school?

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

Skip to toolbar